Friday, May 15, 2009

abundance: by alma de la melena cox


this piece by alma de la melena cox couldn't be more perfect here on pecannoot, because it's called "abundance," and isn't that the feeling you get instantly upon looking at it? those colors, oh my. so lovely.

alma says:

this artwork took me a long time to make- probably because i don't want to see the truth.
i have caught the biggest fish and don't see it on the line because i'm busy wishing on a star (or pleading!).
i'm piled high on the gifts of this world and don't always notice.
my wise inner knowing, she has my back (thank you!),
she whispers, "look, abundance is yours, reel her in."

ABUNDANCE IS YOURS, REEL HER IN.
i'm taking that idea with me into the weekend.

to see more of alma's work, please visit her blog and her website.

*thank you so much, alma!*

7 comments:

  1. oh, isn't that so true! and what a beautiful painting to illustrate the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alma. This is something I need to remember, myself. How many gifts do we have? How many options are before us? How wide is our freedom and our strength? Life is not just about those things we don't have and long for. We already are abundant. We already are abundant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in on this today too ladies, this speaks to me so much Alma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful painting. I'm going to remember this: Abundance is mine, so reel her in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!
    I am so honored to have such beautiful comments by all of you- thank you so much for posting them!
    Sincerely,
    Alma

    ReplyDelete