Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving (& what I'm grateful for)



It's amazing to me that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and that means the holidays are officially here again. Tomorrow I'm going to Asheville, NC with my husband for a few days, and we're going to have Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant, which I've never done before. I'm a bit sad we won't be with any family, but I'm grateful to be able to go to a new place and have a brand new experience. I think it will be fun! And with any luck, I'll eat just as much as I always do on Thanksgiving, and I'll be lying on the floor in a half-awake state at the end of the night, moaning about how full I am, and then going to eat some more pie. :) Isn't that always how Thanksgiving goes?

Anyway, since Thanksgiving is all about gratitude, it feels appropriate to tell you all what I'm feeling grateful for right now.
  • My husband. I am so lucky to share my life with him. He's the best snuggler in the whole world, he believes in me to no end, and he can make me laugh like no one else.
  • My Spring ladies. (Our video post will be up later today or tomorrow!! I'll be sure to let you know when.) Wow, these ladies rock my world. Smart, sassy, opinionated, motivated, positive forces in the world.... I'm honored and grateful to be creating with them.
  • That I'm self-employed. The simple fact that I get to structure my days exactly as I please and do the work that I feel compelled to do is beyond magnificent.
  • All the people that read my blog(s), comment on what I write and draw and paint, send me words of encouragement and thanks and artists I might like... I could not do what I'm doing without all of you. You amaze me, endlessly.
  • That I have enough. Money, time, love, clothing, food, an apartment to live in, friends, family...
  • My life coach, Michelle Ward. She helped me to pull myself out of a funk and start being more grateful for my life and my world. And for that, I am forever grateful.
  • Everything that makes my life easier-- my car that runs well, my computer, my lights that turn on when I flip a switch, the refrigerator that keeps my food cold... I take these things for granted, but wow, life would be harder without them.
  • My warm bed. I love my bed so much.
  • My cat, Anika. She lights up my days and keeps me company when home alone working. She chirps when she runs and always wants a treat.
I hope you all have a terrific Thanksgiving and that you think about all you are grateful for!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I love Asheville; I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asheville rocks! Have a great time, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok seriously? How could I have missed this?!

    Thank you for the double nod. I'm doubly thankful for you, too! Because of clients as super awesome as you, I love love love (love love!) being a life coach.

    ReplyDelete