Monday, May 18, 2009

"she wore pink" and "listen": by kelly barton



good morning, pecannooters! oh my, it's monday again already? hopefully your weekend was marvelous and you're feeling refreshed and ready to get back to work. :)

i'm thrilled to be able to share these two pieces by kelly barton with you this morning, because she is one of my favorite blogland friends-- i can practically feel her exuberant personality through my computer screen! so i was really happy when she sent these over, because her work is stunning.

i love how kelly's work feels very empowering for women, like the women in the paintings are reminding us that we get to make our own choices and live whatever kind of life we want.
plus, they're colorful and just plain fun!

you'll most definitely want to check out kelly's website, blog, and etsy shop-- she's one inspiring lady. (and if you need a great looking website, get in touch with her! she makes those, too.)

*thank you, dear kelly!*

6 comments:

  1. Those are lovely.The patterns/collage are wonderful especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. So wonderful. I love the colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love Kelly's work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! Love these, and Kelly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I love this artwork!
    Alma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work. I love the subtle colors and layers.

    I also wanted to let you know that I included "Thinking" in a treasury today:
    http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=59041

    Have an abundant day! :)

    ReplyDelete