Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gourds: by Sally Mae Velleux


I love fall! It's absolutely and completely my favorite season. The pumpkins, the crisp air and falling leaves, the small of apple cider, the gorgeous colors... ahhh, yes. I love it.

So I was happy when Sally Mae sent over this little gourd illustration. She says:

My sister had a little surprise in her garden this year when a crop of renegade gourds popped up that she did not plant! Needless to say, at first she was a little irritated, but it's hard to stay mad at a gourd for very long! They are such a hearty plant that all it takes is one tiny little renegade to grow a whole crop. We are enjoying her crop of gourds quite a bit and decorating our houses with them like crazy! I couldn't help but sketch the cute little gourds and remind myself how nice it feels to bring a little bit of the outside indoors sometimes.

I would love to have a big patch of renegade gourds! What a fun little surprise that would be. I guess I would need a garden first. :)

To see more of Sally's work, check out her blog.

*Thanks, Sally!*

1 comment:

  1. It would be fun to have all those gourds-especially surprise ones:) fall is the best season ever.

    ReplyDelete