Monday, July 6, 2009

flowers: by amy hanson


i can't stop staring at this photo and wondering how in the world amy hanson got it to look so amazing. it feels sort-of vintage-y, and almost like a painting, and the perspective and color is just perfection. wow!

this photo feels so abundant, which makes it all the more poignant what amy had to say when she sent it over:

my 10 year old daughter and I went on a "date" last saturday, just her and me. i wrote about it here, on my blog. it was a wonderful day, and this picture totally "got" it for me. money is tight for us right now--there will be no trips to Disneyland this summer, or even new backpacks for school next year. but we have each other, and many, many blessings.

not to mention that her blog is called sweet sweet life, and it's just so lovely. amy makes me want to recount all the blessings in my life, which i think might turn into an illustrated post soon.... stay tuned for that. also, if you'd like to send me an illustrated list of the blessings in your life, i'd be so happy to post them. really. :)

please check out amy's blog, because it's really a gem! and it looks like she has an etsy shop, too, called bebe and yaya (cute!), where she sells really pretty jewelry.

*thank you so much, amy!!*

3 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful photo. so lush and i love the perspective. the simple things are what matter and the things we remember most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love this photograph. Not only is the perspective great, but the high contrast is perfect. PERFECT! Love it. :") Abundant in color and in blossoms... aw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photo and a really lovely blog!

    xoxo,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete