Wednesday, March 4, 2009

be abundant


i have a challenge for you. (which really means i have a challenge for ME!) :)

i have heard it said that BE-DO-HAVE is the order in which your wildest dreams will be actualized. BE the way you want to be in the world, DO the things you want to do, and then you will HAVE that which you desire. Simple enough, right?

i seem to get them mixed up, though-- my mind wants to DO, then HAVE, then BE. Like, "if I just work really hard, then I'll have all the money I need, and THEN I'll be happy."

my challenge to you and to myself is to work on the BEING part. how do you want to be in the world? who do you want to be?

here is who and how I want to be (so you all can hold me to it!):

a loving being who trusts that the universe will provide exactly what I need when I need it, someone who turns worry and fear into faith (not the religious kind, but the universal spiritual kind), someone who is grateful for the smallest of things, someone who has a lot of FUN and laughs a lot!

who do you want to be?

14 comments:

  1. That's who I want to be too! I have a hard time with the turning worry into faith part...but I'm working on it. I love your website and the great inspiration it gives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm mixing them up too, Jess, and sometimes stuck in WANT (aka dreaming) even before the DO part *lol*
    Well, I just wanna be me. Still searching ;) Made a big reflection day yesterday and found some lights :) It feels great already.
    Wishing you a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the theme of this website...
    and I loved the BE-DO-HAVE concept!! :-) I will share it with all my people!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This website is my daily reminder to live this way. I also need a bracelet or something to visually remind me of living in the present moment - another path to abundance. You are a treasure to devote yourself and your talents to this "cause". Have a wonderful day and know that you touch all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed! You have given me food for thought! I will ponder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everybody! just something i'm thinking about lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to be peaceful-energetic. I want to be able to do much quietly without flapping.
    I've said this a million times, I love what u do here Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great message! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seem to get those mixed up all the time too. It's so true though...BE-DO-HAVE, looks like the name of a hairdo?
    I want to be a person who stops worrying so much, trusts in the path I have chosen, and does it all without fearing that at any moment the rug will be pulled out from under me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to be aligned with the best possible projection of myself I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's begin by saying, "I AM!" I AM LIGHT- that sparkles with enthusiasm, that emanates warmth to all, that exudes my highest intentions. I love your website because you are a symbol for positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Jess, as an aside, did you know about a series of books called Be, Do, Faith. They are wonderful, quick "easy" reads, full of thought provoking stuff... here's a link if you're interested....

    http://www.amazon.com/Be-C-Ping/dp/1569244227/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236451690&sr=8-3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow Jess - what a thought-provoking post. I always want to skip to the ending and just BE so I can HAVE. Or HAVE so I can BE?

    Hmmmmmm....

    I'm really focusing on not only DOing but enjoying it along the way! I'm really exporing this on my blog now, and pecannoot helps me so much along the way. Muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete