Tuesday, March 10, 2009

things we forget


ask me how much i love this project.
the answer is that i think it's my favorite project i've seen so far in 2009. i just love the idea of someone walking around singapore, anonymously placing these hand-drawn post-it notes with positive messages for people to discover.


the blog is called things we forget, and i am just beyond touched, thinking about people going about their business and coming upon one of these sweet notes. it could change someone's day, yes? it would change my day to find one, surely.


i had a lot of trouble choosing my favorites to post, so i figured i'd just post a bunch. :)


please please check out this project. it really is such an inspiration, and it makes me happy to know that somewhere on the other side of the world, an anonymous person is spreading some anonymous love. :)



11 comments:

  1. wow what a lovely project! such lovely post-its. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that. Such wonderful guerilla art. I love the little bits of giving that come out of a time of such overwhelming materialism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me wanna go to Singapore and do the "post-it note hunting"! What a lovely project indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so wonderful...makes me want to do something similar :) I'll have to check out their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this just makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just wanted to say thank you so much for having such a happy blog. you make my day every day! and i do love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is the idea remarkable and the post-its fabulous, their locations are meaningful too! I love that the photo of the rain one has a person with an umbrella in the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be one of my favorites so far. I LOVE it. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess - I loooooooove this!

    ReplyDelete