Friday, March 13, 2009

love is everywhere : by leslie lindell


i don't think i could be more thrilled to share this project with you on pecannoot today. when leslie lindell sent it over, i got a little choked up looking through the photographs, because i just think her project, love is everywhere, is just so beautiful.


leslie says: "i have been photographing found and accidental heart shapes for over two years. i feel they are a message to me, a reminder, every time I find them."

"it started with the collecting of heart shaped rocks at the beach. i decided to document some of them. then it seemed hearts started to appear everywhere. the only rule I have set is for them to be naturally occurring and/or accidental to count (i have bent the rules a tad here and there, though :).

once i gave this a name it slowly became more and more of a gentle reminder to me. a kind of nudge from the universe reminding me to breathe, that everything will be ok, to remember to pay attention to the little things. even the bin of tomatoes at the supermarket :)"


just look at these images! it makes me a little weepy to think of leslie out there noticing and documenting these heart shapes that most of us likely pass right over.

how different would our lives be if we were looking for signs of love rather than focusing on the negative aspects of our experiences?


you can see all of the images from leslie's project in her flickr stream (i just chose some of my favorites to post here-- there are many more!) and also scoop them up in her etsy shop.

all of leslie's beautiful photographs can also be seen on her website, as well as her blog.

{and i highly suggest reading this touching post on her blog about the dandelion love photo above, as well as this post.}

*thank you, leslie! your project just astounds me.*

---
have a great weekend everyone!

19 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful. Wordlessly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that is so beautiful. those lovely love photos are wonderful. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is such a cool concept! I love that potato chip especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! So many interesting places to find hearts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...i am so unbelievably flattered by your words jess :) thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see hearts all the time and this is just another confirmation that indeed love is everywhere. Yesterday I was working on the computer and I just looked up to the sky from my window and low and behold a heart shape cloud. I wish I had a camera at that moment, but I'm glad Leslie's out there taking the shots. The photography is beautiful.

    Sharing the love,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie is amazing! I have been with her as she magically finds hearts along her path. Its truly Love Magic. Its her gift to us and its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I love to wear heart necklaces. Now, I'm going to look out for hearts everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing...it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is terrific and crazy, almost spooky, too! A reminder of how many miracles we overlook each day. I must say once more how much I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!Such a wonderful concept....Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love leslie's photos :)
    and this blog is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea. It totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. okay....I am finding the need to comment on every post! This is just so heartbreakingly dear. I love this idea and what a wonderful reminder....everything will be okay...love IS indeed everywhere.
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. i knew you would all love this project. ;) isn't it amazing? leslie is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness, i love this so much. i think i am going to start noticing hearts all over the place now... thanks for sharing, jess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. my daughter finds a heart and love in EVERYTHING. i need to be better about photographing it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete