Wednesday, March 11, 2009

make your own sunshine



one of the coolest things about being a human is that we get to make choices. in each moment, we have a choice to make our day whatever we want it to be. sometimes it doesn't feel that way, but we truly do. if you're having a bad day, at any moment you can choose to be happy. you really can! it's that simple.

simple doesn't mean easy, though. do you all have any tricks for turning a mood around and creating your own sunshine?

sometimes just remembering we have a choice is all it takes for me- how amazing that we are able to think our way out of (or into) any emotion.

in other news, i made a couple of pecannoot buttons that you all can take and put on your own blogs to link here if you'd like-- they are below, but you can also get them in the sidebar to the right. link it up!



also, if you haven't checked, i have some of these illustrations that i've posted here in my etsy shop, in case there's one that's particularly resonated with you. :)


happy hump day, my dears! and let me take this opportunity to say a great big thank you to all of you for your support and encouragement of Pecannoot-- you all make my day!

7 comments:

  1. love this one- and I might have to head over to the shop and get myself a little easter giftee :)

    hope you are having a lovely sunshine day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the happy thoughts, as always! As for me, I try to keep everything in perspective, and indulge my cravings for coffee and pastries all the time.

    On an somewhat unrelated note--I also heard a great tip about getting over a fear of bugs or scary animals. The actress who was in Indiana Jones and had to film that terrifying scene with bugs all over her said that she learned that bugs are just fellow travelers on Earth...I love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the buttons-I linked it up! This site makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, i love that tip about the bugs!
    and nessie: perhaps you should, yes!!
    emily: you rock! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! Double buns in the hair and bright red lipstick - even if you are only gonna vacuum :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the words of John Mellencamp on the subject "You change your mind and change our lives." It really is choosing to be happy or in a good mood or looking at the bright side of things. Choose to have a great day! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I make my own sunshine:
    1. Do anything off my celebration list (http://hub.tm/?ZIRRZ)
    2. Close your eyes and go to your Happy Place, breathe deeply for a few seconds, and then return to the situation at hand. And yes, I stole this from the classic movie, Happy Gilmore.
    3. Surround myself with people who make me laugh and are filled with love and possibility.

    ReplyDelete