Tuesday, March 10, 2009

robots: by travis smith (aka: mr. purty)


these paintings by travis smith (aka mr. purty) just make me smile. i love how the robots have feelings and big hearts on their chests-- it's ironic, because robots aren't supposed to have feelings, right? plus, it makes me think about the ways we live our lives-- sometimes i feel a bit like a robot, just going through the motions of life, but we are people! with feelings! isn't that joyous? let's embrace it!


here is what travis has to say about these paintings:


a lot of people say my robots look sad. i never set out intentionally to make them sad, but maybe it's an unintentional reflection of my mood when i painted them. with these i set out to purposely make them a little happier. abundance - for me that means taking a minute to realize what you have instead of what you don't have. by no means am i the best at doing that, but i try. in the words of ferris beuller: "life moves pretty fast. you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

life does move fast. i want to enjoy it- how about you?

check out more of travis' fantastic paintings on his website and flickr stream.

*thanks, travis!!*

6 comments:

  1. what's not to love about robots with a heart? sometimes, life seems to be on fast forward. truly hitting pause once in a while is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life does move fast...I agree...I love the background that the robots are on. It's really organic in contrast to the perceived mechanicalness (word?) of the robots. Nice post..thanks so much for introducing me to a new artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for making me sound and look cool jess. great blog. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! Wonderful work, wonderful feature, wonderful peeps. Just how great can one post be??? Super job, guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every single day, this is one of my favorite blogs! Can't say enough good things about it!

    ReplyDelete