Thursday, March 26, 2009

shine: by shelley kommers



it is raining here in atlanta. i mean raining-- it started yesterday and is supposed to continue through saturday! i love rainy days, but it's always nice when the sun comes back out, isn't it?

this gorgeous, sunny piece by shelley kommers feels almost like the real thing as it shines out at me from my computer screen! it's so happy and bright! and it's helping me to appreciate both the rainy days and the sunny days, because we need them both here on our planet.


shelley's work is all so lovely and somehow reminds me in each piece to appreciate whatever it is she's painted-- how does she do that? see if it does the same for you: here her blog, her etsy shop, her other etsy shop. {and you might remember shelley from this post here on pecannoot, too!}

*thanks, shelley!*

10 comments:

  1. this sunshine sure did brighten my day! i love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just great. it really does make me feel sunnyhappyshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this is so great! I do love sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love collage pieces like this- how fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and happy-making! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful and bright piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rainy days too. It is rainy over here in NYC. Shelley's sun is pretty and makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thi is soo beautiful!!! Now I want to make a collage :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This collage is contagious, what a mood lifter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!! Shelley's work is fantabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete