Tuesday, March 24, 2009

identity: by aimee dolich



if you are not a regular visitor to aimee's blog, artsyville, i highly suggest you go sign yourself up for her RSS feed right now. she is just a treasure. her posts are always insightful and fun, and i just love getting a daily dose of this lady! so, needless to say, i'm thrilled to share this piece of aimee's here on pecannoot-- here is what she has to say about it:

it's about a moment when i decided to reclaim a piece of me that i had left behind long ago (my art) and it was a very uplifting piece for me to do. i thought it might be encouraging for others who have abandoned parts of themselves and would like to make those interests part of their lives again.

sometimes abundance comes in embracing parts of ourselves that we left behind long ago, doesn't it? we need to nurture ourselves with the things that we love, even if they don't make us money or win us friends or whatever other excuses we use to leave them behind in the first place. we all need to do the things our hearts long to do.

so, a big thank you to aimee for the reminder!

(for me it would be picking up my guitar and writing music... it's been a long time! what would it be for you?)

and make sure you head over to aimee's etsy shop full of bright and vibrant goodies-- it will lift your spirits through the roof!

7 comments:

  1. oh! thank you so much for this post today.
    I think we can all relate to forgetting a part of ourselves now and then. These are just the wors I needed to hear (er, read).
    thanks jess! thanks aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think aimee's work is what pecannoot is all about. she has a wonderful way of distilling these deep insights into a few powerful words in the most beautiful way. she's very smart and so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it would be auditioning for a part in a play. Unfortch, the only thing holding me back is lack of time. But maybe I COULD go to the theater more often to see others perform ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are a treasure, jess! thanks for letting me be part of the encouraging environment you've created here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, landed on your blog through vineeta's. This is such a lovely piece and a b'ful reminder to pursue things that please YOU the most rather than just following the herd. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee, this is the most touching piece of art I have seen in such a long time. It reminds me of all those parts of me that I felt were not 'this enough or that enough' and I loved your illustration, of a woman looking at herself. I just feel like giving myself a hug after this post. Really.
    Thanx Jess for having a beautiful platform like this for so much art & soul to come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, now this is getting interesting. I featured Aimee @ Doodlage on Wednesday :))) Without seeing her here. Strike two ;)

    ReplyDelete