Monday, March 16, 2009

believe in yourself: by jess gonacha



happy monday morning to you all, dear pecannooters!

i made this illustration yesterday and really wanted to share it with you, because it feels very pertinent to me right now. it is so easy to listen to the negative self-talk (i'm not good enough, so and so did this better than me, blah blah blah..), when really it's so much more productive and loving to just believe in ourselves. we are all unique and on different paths, and comparing ourselves to others is useless! (can you tell i've been doing some comparing lately?)

so, this is a reminder to myself really, and a reminder to you, too, if you need it.
and you can find this print here in my shop, if you want a printed reminder. :)

10 comments:

  1. i really did need this message this morning. thank you friend. you always make me smile. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reminder to start off the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jessica. Comparing with others is ALWAYS a losing game, isn't it. I heard a quote once that said, "I am not like you, and I'm not supposed to be!" Just be the best YOU - you can be.... Take care. Have a blessed and abundant week! <3 ~Eliz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this reminder. I try to tell myself this everyday, especially where it relates to my art work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful way to start the day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just the message I needed to hear today Jess.
    thanks for keeping it real and keeping it possitive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we all need to hear this! Sometimes life can get hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how fantastic! I love this sentiment and you are absolutely right! Thank you so much for the reminder!
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so glad to know you all need this reminder in your lives, too. it reminds me that we are all in this crazy life together. thank you for all the comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how, even though this came about from negative self-talk, the mantra is coming from someone else. It's always so powerful to hear that someone else believes in you. It's what I hear subconsciously from my family each & every day, & I know how lucky I am.

    ReplyDelete